Thursday, June 8, 2006

Loving

                          

Okay, it's been a few days and I'm still a bit sad.  It's getting better, but my best little buddy is gone.  I don't hear him in the morning or squawking like crazy when he sees my car.  I keep calling him "he" even though we found out he was a "she"   My friend Debbie came over and we cried together.  She loved Dufus too.  Rob buried them for me, but I haven't had the heart to go out to see where.  The dog is leaving.  I know it's not his fault, but I want to have birds and he just won't work out.  The girls agree, if not wholeheartedly.  Our greyhound never even looks at the birds. 

I want to thank all of you for your wonderful comments and support.  I feel so loved by you.  J-Land has had its ups and downs, but it is a wonderful community.  I have been "living" here for nearly two years and I never get tired of reading your words, sharing your hopes, dreams and devastations.  I feel like I know you personally.  I see your faces when I pray for you.  Guys, I guess what I'm saying is this:   I LOVE YOU!

                    

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Penny,
I remember when I first read yur journal. My first thought was: how does she do it? How inspirational she is to me! How she makes my heart shine and my burdens lighter! How she mkes me want to sing indtead of cry when it gets tough! Now Ive know yu longer the feeling has only increased greatly! I lvoe you so much Penny! We weep for your loss! I know now that Dufus was not only a pet; he was yur freind too! God Bless you and keep you ! Love,nat

Anonymous said...

I know it'll hurt still for a while and you're missing Dufus and her buddy. I think I'd have to find the dog a new home too, no good risking it if you're gonna keep birds and I know how much you love to keep them. I used to have two dogs and four cats who never took any notice of my parrot, I was lucky but sometimes they don't mix. Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your pain. I love you always.
lisa jo

Anonymous said...

(((Penny)))

Anonymous said...

Hello Penny,  It must be so painful for you, it`s bad enough losing a much loved pet in natural circumstances but this was awful. I understand why you have to rehome the dog, it would never work out after this.  Take care.

Hugs

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

((((PENNY))))  It IS a sad thing to lose a pet, a beloved member of the family.  I'm sorry this happpened.   Michelle

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry Pennie....I wish I were htere to give you a great big mama hug!!!!God bless you hon.
love,Carlene

Anonymous said...

Yes, Penny, God IS Love, but mostly, people who love God are reflections of His Love for all of us.  You are one of those persons, and I'm honored to share in your daily joys and sorrows.  God be with you as the light slowly returns, Cathy

Anonymous said...

Sad for you in your loss.  It is always hard to lose a beloved pet.  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers for all you are dealing with.  I know your decision on the dog was for the best.  Take care and know we are all here for you...hugs and much love from Virginia!
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Losing a pet is never easy, even the smallest ones. They seem to be the most innoncent of the innocents. It's as hard as losing a family member, a close family member. I know, I've lost both. I love you, Penny. It's okay to be sad. Bea

Anonymous said...

Oh Penny...I'm so sorry!  I know how you love Dufus and you make him/her so real to us when you tell stories about your birds.  I'm so sad when you hurt.

Hugs!

Darlene