Wednesday, October 13, 2004

That's over . . .

Well, the debates are finally over.  Against my better judgement, I watched most of the final one tonite.  I wonder how much good they did?  Any reasonable person is not going to use these as a basis for decision.  Of course, I know there are a lot of unreasonable people out there. For a country full of very educated people, there are a lot of them who haven't ever had a single original thought.  Like lambs led to the slaughter, they go for the mildest, least offensive answer.  Personally, I don't care what your answer is.  I read and watch and study and use the brain that God gave me to make up my own mind.

My best friend and I disagree on almost every issue.  We disagree on candidates.  I heard her candidate say nearly word for word something she said to me yesterday.  Do you think they've been chatting?  I love her, but am so very glad that I haven't fallen for the line she has.

A very dear person to me was very fond of stating, "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."  I say that all the time now.  I got my absentee ballot and took my stand. 

Will you?

No comments: