Monday, October 4, 2004

The Forward Fling

Here goes nothing.  I promised myself I'd keep this blog current no matter what.  Well, "what" happened and I am typing with one hand.  Friday nite, while gabbing with my friend Debbie, I moved forward into an air pump and did a half-gainer into the floor,breaking my wrist.  Oh, the agony of it all!  And the embarrassment.  Nothing looks as graceful as an overweight grandma full-face on the floor.

Despite my protests, I was bundled into the car and off to the E.R.  We had the arm packed in ice and balanced on a pillow, but every tiny bump was excrciating for me.  I silently prayed that there would be no real blood-and-guts emergencies so they could fix what I knew I had broken.  God was on my side.  Only a short wait and I was in the inner sanctum.

After X-rays, the doc came in, told me I was pretty crunched and mercifully ordered "something" for the pain.  Macho nurse entered, stabbed a needle in my arm (it hurt so much I cried) and said I'd be thanking him in a few minutes.  I love that guy!  The pain didn't go away, but I didn't care!  Then a gal put a half-cast up past my elbow and they sent me home until today.

I've slept a lot since then,trying not to dwell on the pain. The pills they gave are effective to a point, but nothing like the shot.  Today the doc put on a lovely grass green cast, ordered more pills and informed me my wrist would remain a little crooked when the cast comes off.  I can live with that.  Who's going to notice but me anyway?

The good side of all this?  Someone else willbe doing dishes for a while.  I can live with that, too. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're okay, but I'm tryin' to picture, "moved forward into an air pump" thingy and how that evolved into a half gainer???  LOLOL   Yea...milk this all you can and for however long you can.  Hugsssssssssssssss

Be blessed...Trina

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Trina - milk it I will!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the broken wrist.  I will definitely keep you in prayer and I hope the pain will go away soon.  
Lisa