Thursday, September 16, 2004

Wedding Songs . . .

My son John wants people to write down the first song played at their wedding reception.  I just have to ask - which wedding? 

Okay, I'll bite.  There was no music at the first reception.  There was no reception!  It's all right - didn't last anyway.  Do you think music might have helped?

At the second one, we marched down the aisle to "A Daisy a Day" by Jud Strunk.  That will tell you what kind of stuff we played at the reception.  So John - do you remember where YOU were at the reception?

Now, at the 3rd wedding, it was Jim Croce's "Time in a Bottle"  We were going to play it at the wedding, but hit the wrong spot on the 8-track and ended up with "New York's Not My Home."  Y'all remember 8-tracks?

Are we talking romance yet?  For the 4th one we had no reception, but it was a wonderful marriage.  Seems the best parts of life for me have come when I was a bit older.  This was the one that truly ended at " . . .death do us part"  We liked classical music anyway.  It would have been a bummer to dance to.

Here I am at #5 with two receptions and no music.  Plenty of music at the wedding, however and two ministers. If there had been music, it probably would have been Mexican Ranchero music, which he croons to me all the time. Time tested its not, but we are wandering down love's path.  It's exciting to come to this time of life and look backward:

Not a dull moment!

 

 

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is John your real son, i'm guessing for what you wrote you his mother, if he your son that is. Am glad to know you, and read your entry, is amusing in a way. Love it. Keep coming for more assignment which are so fun to do. Bye.

Anonymous said...

I was married the first time at 18 ..young and stupid . It lasted 6 months . Like you ....no music, unless you count the muzack  over the courthouse loud speaker . ( Then it may have been " Girl From Impanina" .)

  I am now 28 ,, and married two years ago to the man I was meant to be with . Our first dance was  to " So this is Love " ( from Cinderella)  as sung by James Ingram .

I find it interesting that sometiomes it takes more than once to get it right .

Your son is a greaat comminity leader . He's so imaginative and always seem to make me laugh in his subtle way. You must be very proud .  We all think the wworld of him .

Welcome to J-land .

~ Erin

Anonymous said...

Welcome, fellow traveler on El Camino Real.  I can see where John gets his brains from ... must have been his father that contributed the male pattern baldness, despite what the geneologists claim.

You'll find this is a diverse, vibrant, contentious, loving community that has gathered here.  Like most stops on the subway, we fight amongst ourselves but put up a mostly united front against outsiders and the bosses.  I'm glad you've joined us.  Perhaps that one man blogathon will focus on his family a little more.  

Bien Venida, Señora.

wil

Anonymous said...

Welcome..to J-land...your son is an impressive writer, you should be proud. I do believe that you, yourself, will regale us with many interesting stories....my own sister is married to her fifth husband now...life can be strange on occasion...Sandi

Anonymous said...

Welcome to AOL J-land! -=)

Anonymous said...

I also had a small wedding no music ,no reception.Good part is that
after forty five yrs we are still in love and my first kiss from my husband still lingers on my lips.Just goes to show you all that money
spent doesn"t mean everything.God bless those who weddings are big
or small.
ccmuse

Anonymous said...

Welcome to J-Land hope you like it here!
Peace

Anonymous said...

Hi John's mom and welcome aboard the j-land train.  Does your husband sing cuando caliente el sol?  (I think that's the title, anyway, its one of my favorite spanish tunes).  Welcome back home and thanks for all the work you did in Mexico.  I've always wanted to go on a mission to Africa, guess I'll wait til my daughter is a little older, she's 2 weeks shy of 3 yrs.  I'll be reading!  Take Care

Cat
http://journals.aol.com/childebrand1968/SavingSanity

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Journal-Land!
V

Anonymous said...

Five weddings -- you are definitely an optimist.  Welcome to J-land.  Mrs. L

Anonymous said...

5 weddings.....all those memories!  Welcome to J-land John's mom!
~jerseygirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl  

Anonymous said...

5 weddings!!!!!!!! OmG LaDiE

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!  I imagine you have a lot of interesting tales to tell... I'm going to keep on following your journal.  Can't wait to hear more about these five husbands and five weddings.  Sounds like a blast!  I just love weddings.  I'm on number two and it's just the way it worked out and has definitely been for the best.  I've learned a lot.  At least you keep on trying and have a full and sounds like a happy and rewarding life!  We are going to do a renewal of vows because we didn't have many photos and no party.  I'm going to find the whitest dress I can and rent a limo or something and we're going out dancing and on the town.  I'm in search of lots and lots of music.  Want my kids there too!  Dancing and plenty of it ...   Now mind you this will be a miracle as my husband doesn't dance.   Ok, he'll have the girl in the fluffy white dress to watch, right?  LOL!   Love that son of yours!  He sure can write!  God Bless You,
Lisa In Florida
http://journals.aol.com/randlprysock/AdventuresFromFlorida/