Sunday, September 26, 2004

Happy Anniversary

I know it doesn't seem like very long, but we've been married 3 years today.  That's exciting for me.  I never expected to have this kind of romance this late in life, but here it is.  We spent the entire week at our annual Camp/Missions meeting.  Actually, we got married at campmeeting 3 years ago.  This year, it was outside on a ranch.  I couldn't believe all the beautiful trees.  Awesome.

When we married, we had a wedding here and then travelled to Mexico for a 2nd wedding in front of the children we cared for.  That wedding was a dream come true for me.  The children were my attendants and we had a traditional Mexican wedding with all the "padrinos" and everything.  I might be older, but I don't think many women could have asked for better.  Then we went home to be with our then 12 children.  Well, we got 2 days off and then back to work. 

Now we are here in the U.S. with only 1 child and have a chance to have a romantic evening alone.  Rob wants to go to the pier and have oysters.  It's pretty nice there, so that's what we'll do.  We don't drink, but a little candlelight goes a long way.  What more could we ask for?  A romantic week doing the things we like best.  A beautiful place to spend that week and oysters (for him!  Yuck!)

It's really cool to be in love.  I recommend everyone try it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations !!!   Kasey