Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Santa Ana's

My husband has been asking me about the Santa Ana winds.  I wish he would have kept quiet!  Why?  We've got them.  It's hot and dry here, even near the ocean and the wind is blowing up so much dust that we are sneezing and sniffling and have red and itchy eyes.  We could be the poster children for a number of medications.

When I was a kid and the Santa Ana's hit, I was thrilled.  I loved to be outside with the leaves and stuff blowing around my feet and face.  I loved having my hair blow wild.  It was great.  Imagination intact, I would whirl and twirl to the breeze.  I don't remember now what was so wonderful, but I was reminded of it when I saw a little girl with her arms spread wide twirling in the wind.

Our Creator comes up with some pretty cool stuff.  The winds are wonderful as long as no damage is done.  Kids seem to enjoy them every bit as much as I used to lo, these many years ago.  I used to love the rain as well.  Walked barefoot in it in my shorts.  Would have killed my kids for doing the same.  I wonder what happened to my sense of adventure?

I'm hoping the winds die down before this evening, however.  We are going to be at an outside meeting.  Bunch of older folks will be there too.  Can you imagine all our freshly coiffed heads of hair sticking straight up?  We'd look like a bunch of punkers.  Nothing funny about old punkers.  Use your imagination .

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi firestormkids04!  We also are enjoying some light winds here and cooler weather.  I think it's from all the goofy hurricane weather.  I just heard Ivan is back in the gulf and to make landfall again.  He must have come back down the Atlantic and cut back across.  I don't know I haven't seen the news lately.  God Bless.
Lisa
http://journals.aol.com/randlprysock/AdventuresFromFlorida/

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful.