Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Gettin to Know You

                                           

Went to Donna's Journal just now and read her answers to this meme.  I just got my 'puter back online this afternoon (been playing Pogo for a while) and started through the posts.  I haven't gone far, but I hope to get caught up real soon.  Please enjoy.  And please link back to This, That & Hockey if you play along.

Getting to Know You

"I got this several times and loved reading the answers.  Instead of sending it out a bunch thought I'd just do it here.  Hope you'll play along............."

 
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?  A book called "Penny"  that my sister was reading
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? This morning, thinking about my youngest daughter
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Not really, sketchy now
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Liverwurst
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? 3 natural, 1 adopted, 16 grandkids, 1 great-grand and about 350 in Mexico some of whom have now given me grandkids.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?  Yep, I haven't bitten anyone  lately
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?  No
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS Last time I looked they were there
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Absolutely NOT!!
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Raisin Bran Crunch
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Never
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?  Emotionally, yes.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Yes . . . well . . . mostly the kind I can pour caramel sauce over - yummm
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Their eyes and how their lips are shaped.
15. RED OR PINK? RED
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? My pear-shaped body, LOL
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My daughter and my mom. .. .
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? It would be interesting to see how many will do it in an entry
19. WHAT COLOR  SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Shoes?
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? A piece of toast
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?  Pirates on tv
22. IF YOU WHERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?  Purple
23. FAVORITE SMELL?  Ocean early in the morning
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My daughter a few minutes ago.
25. FAMOUS PERSON YOU WOULD LIKE TO MEET?  Abe Lincoln - oh famous now?  None that I can think of
25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?  Very much
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?  Football and most Olympic sports
27. HAIR COLOR? Brown with more and more silver sprinkled in daily :(
28. EYE COLOR? Brown
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?  I tried them back in the early 80's, but just couldn't use them.  Bifocals for me 
30. FAVORITE FOOD? Alaskan King Crab when we can get it!
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Definitely Happy Endings 
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Pirates of the Caribbean - on now
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?  Light green tank top
34. SUMMER OR WINTER? It has to be summer
35. HUGS OR KISSES? in what order?  I love them both
36. FAVORITE DESSERT?  Pecan pie, warm, with vanilla ice cream
37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Gonna check the links back at Donna's
38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?  We'll see
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?  Just finished Piercing the Darkness  by Frank Peretti
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? My fingerprints - it's a laptop
41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? A nature show
42. FAVORITE SOUND?  Sooo many . . . a whisper oflove from Rob, birds singing in the trees outside, a baby's coo
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Beatles
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?  Chicago
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? Poetry, writing, listening
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? CA
47. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK?  All of them :)
 
Many blessings to you all.  Love,     
 
  
           
 
 
           
               

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

great answers my friend thanks for playing along :)
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

I also love the smell of the ocean! Oh I could live on the beach. Maybe someday or maybe I will just be homeless and live there. LOL
Kelli
http://journals.aol.com/kamdghwmw/noonmom

Anonymous said...

yay
Beatles

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't untie her shoes when she takes them off.  :)  LOL  Julie

Anonymous said...

Love Peretti books!  -  B arbara

Anonymous said...

great questions and great answers!

Kathy

Anonymous said...

I see that you and I have much in common.   I will get back to you with MY answers.
Jesus is MY Lord, and I am in the habit of looking for people to witness to.   You have to plan to witness... or let it be your 2nd nature...IMHO.  
   The farthest I have been from home was Vietnam: 68-70, 2 tours of duty, and it never seems to be far away, as I have PTSD.   But Christ helps to keep me level minded and heaven is my home.

In His Service,

Tom Schuckman
"Old Soldier Tom's Journal"  ~ web site
tschuckman@aol.com

Anonymous said...

LOL...we do have a lot in common.  I was chuckling because I never, ever untie my shoes when I have them on.  What Pirates were you watching on tv?  Hope you have a wonderful weekend.  Love N Hugs Chris

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny- I'm glad you're back on!  I love your graphics they are so cute!!!  God Bless!  Love Carolyn

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed this, too.  Check out my answers.  I loved Piercing the Darkness but you can keep the liverwurst!  LOL.  

Donna
http://journals.aol.com/dbp2000/DustBunnyProtector/

Anonymous said...

Dear Penny
i love birds and the Beatles too
love,nat