Friday, July 4, 2008

Born in the USA! Happy Independence Day, Americ

                

Woo Hoo!  We are celebrating another birthday for our great country.  I am so proud to be an American!  I spent 15 years in Mexico living by their rules.  I love Mexico but I will tell you this:  I kissed the ground when I got home. 

                            

My husband is a Vietnam Veteran.  He also worked with the Navy as an ordinance man in the first Gulf War.  He fought for our nation, for our freedoms.  My father was a veteran as were his brother and mother.  Today I celebrate not only our country's veterans, but those who fight for our freedom now.  Our armed forces now are volunteers ~ how about these wonderful men and women?  Give them a hand clap!

This is a special day for all who are Americans whether born here or naturalized.  We have more freedoms than any country in the world.  We should all thank God for that. 

Love and blessings to all my J-Land friends,  Penny

                        

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bright and fun entry Penny!  Happy Fourth to you!  May we all celebrate many more as proud Americans.

Anonymous said...

Happy 4th!!! I hope everyone is well in your family as you celebrate this day. bea

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful Fourth of July weekend!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I see you lost the animation on the 3 tags I made? Check my sidebar on the tag journal for help.
Nice entry, I'm proud to be an American too. Hope you visit my main journal, as I made an entry too. :)
Have a great 4th.
God bless & hugs,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Happy 4th!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Happy 4th, Penny!  You are so right about appreciating those who have fought to perserve our freedom.  HUGS  Chris

Anonymous said...

Yes, Penny, I am ever so thankful that I live in the USA!  I pray God's blessings continue upon her.  And that she'll deserve them.  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

Great entry!!  I, too, am very PROUD to be living in this wonderful country!!!!!!!!

Joann

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a great weekend :)  Julie

Anonymous said...

How PRETTY!  God Bless America and God Bless you too Penny!! Love Carolyn