Thursday, August 3, 2006

POSTCARDS!

I finally got nerve enough to ask for postcards and yesterday I got two!  Both are from Krissy. Thank you, love.  They are wonderful.  I especially like the Pennsylvania rest stop.

We have been struggling here.  First I found out I'm in medi-gap.  That means that we will now have to pay full price for my very expensive medications.  Then my car broke down.  We had it towed to the best Ford mechanic in town.  He called and said it had to go to the dealer.  The cost will be about $2000.  I guess it's time to start my diet. 

Today I go back to work after my 4 days off.  I would rather stay home and work (little by little) on the painting.  I'm making a mess in the kitchen.  I'll have to be more careful.  As soon as we are finished, I will take some pics and post them.

All of the things that are happening to me and to us are just opportunities for us to remember that we live under grace.  The Lord knows our struggles and He will provide.  I know this from experience.  It's by His grace that we have come this far.

I pray you will all have a blessed day.

                              

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

i also am having financial difficulties and car repairs. Sigh. I pray yours are all worked out somehow. I am so sorry for you having to pay for those pills. George Bush is shameful for not getting the health industry turned around for us all in America. Its a shame when you have to chose between food and pills.
Love,lisa jo

Anonymous said...

You have the right attitude under some stressful circumstances. Keep the faith. This too shall pass. I'll e-mail you, you can send your addy back so I can mail you a Florida postcard. Hugs.  

Anonymous said...

Hang in there...I think money problems are going around.  Send me your addy and I will send you a postcard too!!  xoxo

Anonymous said...

nice post cards....have a good evening

Astra!

Anonymous said...

Glad you liked the post cards, Honey.  You know what, I kept giggling when I saw the rest stop one, and saying to John "This one is for Penny".  He would say "Oh no, she might get offended!"  I said, "I know her better than you, LOL".  And then he said, "If you have to send her that one, send her an Amish one too."  So I did.  But I thought you would like it, LOLOLOL.

I love you, My Dear.  Keep on keepin' on.  The Lord will continue to pour His grace out on your life.  

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

this post card exchange has been so fun.  Linda in WA

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the post cards!  Hugs and prayers your way.

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny!

I'm so sorry things are rough for you.  Wow that is a lot of birds, but they are beautiful!  Well...except for the poor little feather plucking one.  Will he stop doing that when he gets happy??  

I haven't had much time to be on lately either.  This working is taking a lot of time, but the money helps and it's an easy job.  Does take a lot of gas traveling back and forth so far though.

The post cards were cute!  Especially the rest stop!!  lol

You take care.  You are always in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs!
Darlene
http://journals.aol.com/djohn52/AgeingGracefullyWithAllTheHelpIC/

Anonymous said...

Dearest Penny, sigh I'm so sorry that youare having difficulties!
I pray that they will soon be history and that your problems will be solved!
love you,natalie

Anonymous said...

Penny, I'm so sorry about the car troubles, and especially the meds.  Full price?  There must be another plan, somehow.  I pray things get easier for you.  CATHY

Anonymous said...

Penny, just to let you know I have entered your babies at The Pet Memorial. Check my journal on the 16th for the link! {{}}
I'm doing the postcard game too, if you want one from Kansas City, send me your addy!
Blessings, Sugar