Thursday, August 31, 2006

Home Again

                  

First off, I want to thank you for the prayers, comments and e-cards while I was in the hospital.  It surely means a lot to me.

For those of you who don't know what happened to me.  I worked on Saturday but was out of breath all day.  When I got in the car to drive home, I started feeling really bad.  My chest hurt all around and there was pain up my neck.  I was trying to make it home, but could not, so I drove to the hospital.  Rob met me there.  They hooked me up to all kind of stuff and admitted me.

None of my family knew. John was winning the Campbell award and it was 2:00 am before they got me a bed so calling was out.  Next day, I opened up AIM on my cell phone and got Andi (artloner)

                I didn't know how to type on my cell so just typed a few words and Andi got my short-hand.  She said she would try some way to get hold of John.  I got hold of Heather and my work.

Anyway . . .it's not my heart.  I have asthma, a stiffened heart from high blood pressure and I must lose weight.  I got home yesterday afternoon.  I'm still very weak, but will be online from time to time and will read your journals as I can.

One more time:  Thanks, J-Land for your love and prayers.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I had no idea what you were going through!  God bless and care for you!!  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

You're in my prayers.  

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to read all this. Had no idea you had been in the hospital.  You will be in my prayers.  You take care and do not get stressed - worst thing for blood pressure.  Glad you are home safely.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

keeping you in my prayers.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Penny, I didn't know, but I am so glad that you made it to the hospital and are recovering. I need to lose weight too... I know you are proud of your son John... I am too since I've bought three of his books and am a science fiction fan through and through. He's one of my favorite authors these days... but you must get some rest, and follow doctor's orders, whatever they are. When you are well enough, come back and tell us how you are. God bless you, Penny. Love Bea

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home! Have had you in my prayers.
God Bless,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Glad you're home and feeling some better.  Try to follow orders....I know it's hard.  

Anonymous said...

Penny, I was wondering where you were.  How scary!!!   You try and take it easy and you must take care of yourself.  Praying for you.

Robin

Anonymous said...

i am so sorry i didn't know you were in the hospital:( hope you feel better soon

Deb

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling lots better now...I was wonderign how you were. I know you are so proud of John! Take care now and rst up.
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

Oh no, i never knew......oh sweet lady.....i am so sorry you went thru this!!!!! i wish i could be with you to help you. Please know i love you and am praying.
XO lisa jo

Anonymous said...

I wondered where you were but figured you had just been busy... So sorry to hear what has actually been going on. Hope you are feeling better, you were missed!

Anonymous said...

So glad you are back home and doing better!  Scary time!!  The Lord watched over you!  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Penny,
  Saying a prayer of thanks that you are home and on the mend... continued prayers are yours as you continue to recuperate.  You are one special lady, and well all love you!!  Take care!  Michelle

Anonymous said...

It's good you are home and will be on the mend!  Prayers for you that you will feel stronger and better in the days ahead.  God Bless Penny.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you are back home to heal. You were in my prayers.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Penny!!  I'm so sorry!  Take care of yourself!!  I hope you continue to get better---Hugs to you, and I'll be thinking of you today---God Bless!  Julie

Anonymous said...

Dearest penny so happy to know that youare alrigth! love and hugs, natalie

Anonymous said...

best wishes and take care...

Astra!

Anonymous said...

Great talking to you yesterday, keep getting your rest!  I'm mailing you some good ideas about the weight. xoxo CATHY

Anonymous said...

Oh Penny, I am not reading journals b/c I don't have time, but the Lord led me to check your journal.  I am glad I did.  I will be praying for you.  I love you.  May God heal you.

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your home Mama. I love you & hope that you keep getting better.

 Rest ALOT!!!!!
                                     PEACE, Heather