Thursday, January 26, 2006

So on and So forth . . .

                 

Wow!  Has it been hectic around here the last couple of days!  As you know, we got Lupe and Kayla on Tuesday.  Their mom is still in the hospital and things are kind of touchy for her.  She's very weak right now and really needs your prayers.  In addition, it turns out that I have developed an allergy to the antibiotic the doctor had me on for the infected bug bite and I have been itching and scratching like crazy.  Sometimes I wonder just when these attacks on my health will stop.  It feels like there is something new every week.  Today the doctor gave me a shot for the allergy and 3 more medications that were pretty spendy.  If they stop the itch, they are worth their weight in gold.

Today was Andrea's IEP (Individual Education Plan) meeting at the school she will be attending starting on Monday.  We met with her teachers and the school staff and psychologist and goals were discussed for her.  The staff has been very nice to us so far and I have totally given up on homeschooling for now since I just don't have the skills to handle her learning disabilities.  Andrea is very excited about going to school.  I think it will be good for all of us.

Tomorrow is the day Krissy's husband John has his bone marrow transplant.  I am so grateful to know that so many of you are praying for them.  Those prayers will really make a difference for them both. 

I took the day off today to attend to the school stuff and go to the doctor again.  It's really different here with 3 girls instead of one.  The house is noisier, and constantly full of giggles.  I remember this from my time in Mexico of course, but it's good for a few days to have extra kids to love on.  I'm a whole lot more tired today because of the additions, but I feel a wonderful peace as well.

Oh!  I have to tell you all I got involved in a letter-writing campaign against a television program that offended me before it even started.  I signed petitions, wrote the network and wrote to some of the sponsors.  I was gratified to hear that the network has cancelled the show after only two airings.  YAY!!  I helped make a difference while standing up for what I believe.  Cool, huh?

I pray you all have a blessed and beautiful evening and night.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope the girls' mum will be OK and you'll stop itching! Also hope John will be well after his bone marrow transplant tomorrow. Good luck with Andrea going to school. Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

Bravo about the letter writing campaign!!  Way to go Penny!!  
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Well, first off, my sympathies on the antibiotic allergy, because I know that's miserable.

2nd, good idea with the letter-writing campaign.

Have a good night!

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

Dear Penny, you are sucha lovely person! I adore you!
I hope that everyone gets better in the hospital and I hope you feel better! It sounded so much like you Penny to be glad to have three kids to give love to instead of one! hugs,nat

Anonymous said...

....stopping by to say hello Penny~
take care,
Gem :-)

Anonymous said...

Feel better Penny...I have been there allegeric to meds...it is NOT fun.
Betty

Anonymous said...

Penny~You are such a lovely person. I have not had time to read your whole journal; do you have foster children? Homeschooling is hard for "regular" ed; special needs take special help and lots of it! How old is Andrea? I find most IEP meetings to be interesting...Best blessings to you, yours & certianly John & Krissy..I can't stop thinking about them! ;-)))Deb PS. I wrote letters abt. a crummy program recently...

Anonymous said...

Hey, Penny .... sounds as though you have your hands full ...but a good kind of full.  It's always so nice to hear the sounds of children laughing.  Something about it makes you feel younger, somehow.  My prayers are with Krissy and John, and also Angelica.   Tina http://journals.aol.com/onemoretina/Ridealongwithme

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny,
Just dropping in to let you know you're in my thoughts & the whole group is in my prayers! You'll reap a rich reward for all you do!
God Bless,
SUGAR
http://journals.aol.com/sugarsweet056/MYLIFE/

Anonymous said...

Hi there...I know what you mean with the health issues that keep popping up. That`s how I feel. Will keep Krissy and her husband is my prayers. I know of so many people getting bone marrow transplants.
Good for you for standing up for what you believe is right!!
God bless
Penny
http://journals.aol.com/pennietoonz/PennysPlace