Friday, January 6, 2006

Good day to you all!  I'm at work and things are slow, so I thought I'd write up a quick journal entry.  I came to work wearing a long-sleeved turtleneck shirt with a black and brown layered on top.  I expected it to be cool as it has been the last few days.  WRONG!!  The turtleneck is cast aside and I'm still warm in this shirt. 

The sky is robin's egg blue without a cloud in my line of sight.  It's just noon time, so the sun is directly overhead and very bright.  The wind has been blowing pretty hard for 3 days and as I made my inspection of the property this morning, my hair was re-coiffed by Sir Northwind.  Little leaves and papers were skittering around like butterflies doing a dance in a whirl wind.  As the wind rushed to my ears it drowned out other sounds and there was a delicious moment of true freedom found.  Our trees out front are naked now except for one who stubbornly holds on to her few green leaves as if letting them go would steal her beauty.  The birds are playing in the updrafts.  Their outspread wings make no movement, they just glide and swoop majestically.  I wonder what that feels like?  The birds seem to love.  Man can go in a glider, but is still encumbered by wires and cloth. 

It's wonderful to sit here in the quiet and watch the world outside.  No phones, no noise, just the wind and my fingers ticking away at the keyboard.  I know the moment will pass and I will be required to work again.  But for now, this moment, it's all good.

Be blessed,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You too be blessed, Penny. Wonderful entry!

betty

Anonymous said...

Yesterday during car duty, I looked up into the cloudless sky, and I too marveled at the birds soaring above us. It didn't matter that they were turkey vultures. From where I stood fixed to the ground, their ability to fly made me a bit jealous. Yesterday, the air was slightly breezy, and comfortable. Today, the wind was much harsher, biting through my light spring jacket. Still, it's a treat to take the time to notice the nature around us during a workday, whether you are busy or not. May your day be blessed, as well. Bea

Anonymous said...

i love yu Penny! thanks fora asoothing journal!
natalie