Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Home Again

            

Good morning, friends.  I have just returned from my annual retreat.  It was a good one.  These women and I have been doing this retreat for about 30 years.  New ones have come, of course and some of the older ones have passed away, but our tradition continues.  It's a very peaceful place with lots of trees and grass and flowers and a few peacocks to add to the color.  As wonderful as it was, I was happy to get back to home and family.

I got the good and bad news about my laptop!  Good news:  it can be fixed!  Bad news:  it will be expensive.  I kinda knew that anyway.  The cost will be a whole lot less than buying a new laptop, so I am willing to make the expense.  It will have to be sent back on Thursday or so and then as the repairs are done, I will get it back in a couple of weeks.  I am very pleased.

This morning, we are going to be taking in 2 little girls for a few days.  One is a 12 year-old Down's syndrome girl and the other an 11 year-old.  I have asked for prayers for Angelica before.  She had a liver transplant and is now having a great deal of trouble.  She has to go back to the hospital for a few days to draw the fluid off of her stomach.  Again, I am asking for prayer for her and for her family as she struggles to get well.

And while you are praying, please pray for Krissy's husband John who will be undergoing a bone marrow transplant later this week. They are both a long way from home and our prayers are definitely needed.  Thank you all.

Even though I've been off work 5 days, I am not quite ready to go back this morning.  It's not laziness, I have just enjoyed the time off.  I will be glad to see my co-worker however.  She and I have become friends.  I have a feeling we have a lot of work to do to get ready for the next auction which is in less than a month.

I hope to get back to reading journals and commenting this week.  It's been a while since I have been at the computer at all.  I miss reading your words and thoughts and jumping in with my own 2 cents' worth. 

Penny

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prayers to Angelicia, John, & their families. Will put their names in my prayer box!
Glad you had a good time on your retreat! :0)
Happy you'll be able to get your lap top fixed. That's good news.
Yeah, know what ya mean...sbout not being ready to go back to work! LOL It's been awhile since I worked, but I remember when I waas off a few days, didn't want to go back! ;-)
Blessings,
SUGAR
http://journals.aol.com/sugarsweet056/MYLIFE/

Anonymous said...

so glad you enjoyed your retreat! Krissy and John are in my daily prayers.

betty

Anonymous said...

It's always nice to get back home isn't it, all our little comforts are there that we take for granted. Glad you enjoyed the retreat, it sounds beautiful. It'll be good when you get your laptop repaired!! Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

The retreat sounds wonderful... are you going to write more about that? Where did you go? How many kids are you taking care of at this time? You are still in missions work, now, only in a different capacity. Your requests for prayer are heard. Let us know how it goes for them. Bea

Anonymous said...

Love the Tuesday bubbles graphic Penny!!  That is so lovely about the retreat!!  And I am very glad to hear you can get the laptop fixed for less than buying a new one.  I haven't been able to do much journal reading either these days and feel so behind with 619 alerts!!  And growing.  Lol!  I will be praying for the requests you have mentioned in this entry.  Thanks for stopping by my journal.  I know you are busy with work and all and I sure do appreciate hearing from you.  You are such a wonderful lady and so gifted with your writing and I think of you often.  I hope one day soon we'll get a chance to IM again.  It's been so busy though lately.  And now I may have a new job coming.  Yay!!  (I think?!) Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Penny! Sounds like you got some needed rest! hugs
natalie

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny!

Glad you got back home safe.  Retreat sounded like just what you needed!  Now back to more and more busyness! Good thing you like to be so busy, I can see why you need more energy! :)     I admire you!    

John, Krissy, and the girls are in my prayers.  You too!!!

Bless You

Darlene

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had your retreat. Sounds like heaven to me! Its sometimes hard to get back into the swing of things after being off or away. Your little girls are in my prayers.
LOVE, lisa jo

Anonymous said...

WOW...you sound like an amazing woman with an amazing family!  Not to mention your amazing journal, here!!  I kept scrolling down to learn the story behind the two young girls you are welcoming into your home and found your entries to be very heartwarming!  I work in our elementary school with special children that have IEPs, and I LOVE this kind of work ~ these little miracles are truly blessings in my life!!  God bless you for your kindness in taking these children in and helping them through this difficult time.  MIchelle