Monday, May 23, 2005

Monday Morning Question

Krissy asks how we met our spouse..  I met Rob when I when I wasn't looking.  I was widowed and had decided I was through with married life.  I just wanted to live out my life serving God in Mexico.  I came up to Ventura for camp meeting and Rob was here from the San Francisco area.  I noticed him, of course, but since I wasn't looking, I didn't think anything of it.

Apparently, Rob saw me, too!  He told his pastor, "Look, pastor!  I like her."  His pastor said, "Foget it Robert . . .she's waay out of your league."

He was there every camp meeting.  We talked, he helped me load up things to take back to Mexico.  I thanked him for his help.  My friend said to me, "Penny, he likes you."  My reply?  "Get outta here!  What would a guy like that see in me?" 

We had a leaders retreat in late winter and Rob was there.  It was snowy outside and we were pretty much inside.  He followed me around and talked to me alot.  The spark was lit.  We were the only singles there and everyone was teasing us.  I blushed!  I never blushed before.  I spent a lot of time asking God what he was doing to me.  Then, as he was leaving, Rob gave me a little kiss and it was all over.

He says he had been following me around but that I treated him like an orphan puppy dog!  That's all changed now!  I treat him like he treats me - with love!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah how romantic.  I did a journal entry a long time ago on how Mike and I met - through an ad in a newspaper!  Loves comes in many ways xxxx

Anonymous said...

That is lovely...I met Jim one night at a dance..... that was that and here we are 34 yrs later, older, not any wiser...but still a happily married couple!  :-)  

Sandra xxx

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing... I always find the story of how a spouse met their true love to be so romantic!  God has a way of bringing people together that is so beautiful.  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

How sweet!

Anonymous said...

Oh how sweet! -Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink  

Anonymous said...

What a lovely ending. Wish you both many more years of happiness together.
Sylvia x

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful story!  Thanks for sharing!
~Miss O
http://journals.aol.com/missboogerhead/MissOsSoapbox/entries/494

Anonymous said...

Thats a beautiful story.....you werent looking and love walked right up to you and now you are at peace and happy. No one deserves it more!!!!! Love, lisa

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful story, Penny!  Gave me the biggest smile :-)! xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ValsThoughts

Anonymous said...

    This is lovely, Penny .. God really does work in mysterious ways.  He seems to know what we need and want when we don't even know it ourselves !  Lucky for us, isn't it ??   Tina

Anonymous said...

Hw sweet...................Kasey

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you found each other.