Saturday, August 2, 2008

Pups 'n Stuff

for your enjoyment . . . Puppies!

;

I hope you all enjoy the show.  This music is perfect for watching them play.  Ginger acts like she owns the world, but Shadow is twice her size and patient.

Last evening, I put them all outside to do their "duty" and play while it was yet a little light.  I told Rob they were outside and went to the kitchen to get something to eat.  While toasting up my second waffle, Rob came in coverd with dirt and dust.  He was shaking.  "I had a fall"  Then of course it all came out while I was checking him over.  One of the puppies (Ginger?) ran to the other side of the yard instead of coming in.  Any of you have kids?  Anyway, we had rolled up old carpet and Rob hit it and went down.  He's pretty much done in for today.  My poor honey! 

The local county fair has started and I really want togo this year.  It may not be in our budget.  I was going to go see my daughter as well, but train rides have jumped from my ususal $120 round trip to over $200.  I need and want to go, but I don't know where we will find the money yet.  I've hit Medicare's "donut hole" where Part D stops paying or helping until you reach $4,000 out of pocket.  Most of my medications are truly spendy.  I got samples for the one that is $293, but it was a starter pack so I used it up in a few days.  Today I called Target to reorder . . . American Express save me! . . . the pharmacist put me on hold for a moment to see if they had it in stack and when she came on the line she spoke a miracle to me.  They now have a generic and my cost will be  $4.00!!!  That is so cool.   When I go in a little, I will ask her to look at my list to see if any more have generics now. 

It's nearly 2:00pm, I've got laundry washing, towels drying, need to go out, come back and cook our monthly steak meal (YUM). Our bills are paid, food shopping done.  We may be broke or nearly so, but our life is good. Yes, there are trials and tribulations, but as long as we have a mustard seed of faith, we will be able to move these things out of the way.

I apologize for not commenting much. I've been distracted a lot lately, spend more time on Pogo than writing comments, e-mails, etc. I am here however. I read your journals and enjoy them. I also think of you throughout the day and pray often for your needs and well-being. I am blessed to be a member of J-Land.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to see your fair, too. The Amtrak drops people off right on the fairgrounds! Not sure if I'll be able to either.
Enjoy your weekend.
Hugs Pam

Anonymous said...

Loved the slideshow.  How sweet, thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny, Wal-Mart also has a program where you can get many of the meds for $4, and they don't have to be generic.  Insurance companies have made a deal with Wal-Mart and that is how Wal-Mart is able to provide this service for you.  If you ever can't find a med that isn't covered at Target, go to Wal Mart.  They have a list you can get at the pharmacy, it lists hundreds, I believe, of drugs that are on the $4 plan.  $4 for 30 days or $10 for 90 days.  They are listed on the sheet and divided into categories such as antiobiotics, depression meds, muscle relaxants, just to name a few.  I don't need this service, as I have great insurance, but I did have to use it once, as a muscle relaxant wasn't covered on my insurance plan that I needed.  But it WAS covered AT Wal-Mart!  It was for fibro.  So just keep Wal-Mart in mind, you can go to their pharmacy and ask for thier list of drugs.

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

The puppies are so cute.  Hope Rob is not stiff and sore today.  :(

Anonymous said...

Poor Rob!  Your puppies are just like my boy - hard headed!!  ;-)  God Bless you Penny, I'm glad you got the 4.oo walmart generics!  We're broke too, so we can all be broke and Blessed together!  Love Carolyn

Anonymous said...

I loved your slide show and the music was perfect.  They are adorable.  Sorry your hubby took a spill though.  I only take a couple of medications and I have ansurance that takes care of most of the cost.  That's great that you can get your's for $4.00.  Great savings.  Thanks for your comments and prayers.
Hugs, Joyce