Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanks to Sugar for this lovely graphic

This is the day!! Time to give Thanks to the Lord for all we have today and all we have had ~ who knows what joy we'll have after today.

I am thankful for my mom who raised 4 girls by herself. Mom taught me how to live confidently, respectfully and Christian.

I am thankful for my sisters ~ Sylvia, Charlotte and Sharon ~ I learned a lot about life from them.

I have some friends (2 or 3) that have lasted the test of time ~ I am grateful for them.  Also in the last 3 + years, I have made friends here in J-Land. There are some I share with more deeply than others ~ they know who they are :) Funny how we can be so close when some are way way east of me. But I love them and am thankful for them.

We have some pets that we love so much that it can't be explained except by other pet owners. My little black Pommie (I named her Precious ~ Rob calls her Pee-Wee) is with me everywhere. I feel better when she is next to me.

I am grateful that I am alive in this day and age. I've seen so many changes since my childhood. I can't name them all but here are 2: We were the first in our neighborhood to have a television set. I thought that the people lived in there and that when we opened the doors and turned the set on they would come back in the same place they were when the set was turned off :) #2 ~ Sputnick Such advances in the span of 59 years. I'm so grateful to see it all.

And at the end of day when all is said and done.

My thanks go to God who sent His only Son

to save us and set us free.

I love and pray for you all and ask His blessings upon you. Even on those days that I am not online.

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you'll have a great Thanksgiving, Penny

Anonymous said...

Penny, I thought the people lived in the television set too!  I wanted to open the cabinet below it, to give the people some food, LOL.  I love you , Honey!

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesITimesIThink  

Anonymous said...

Penny, two years ago I posted a Thanksgiving entry, and back then I had no readers, for it was early in my aol journal 'career' ... but you were a regular visitor to my journal, and often the only visitor. I remember you and Jackie and the other Pennie, and Nancy, and soon there were others... but you were among the first. So I want to thank you for encouraging me back then. I am glad you had a good day with your family. with love, bea

Anonymous said...

Hope you and those you love enjoyed a warm and peaceful Thanksgiving!

Michelle

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))What a nice entry,I thought the same thing about the Tv people.LOL.I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

There you go!  It is the people in our lives that touch and bless us most of all.  You are one of mine, sweetie.  -  Barbara