Saturday, November 24, 2007

Prayers Needed

     

 This is a very serious entry for me to make. Our John and Krissy are in need of prayer. Most of you who know them, are aware of their 2-year struggle with cancer, bone marrow transplant and more.

John is in the hospital once again. Currently they are at the local hospital instead of Hershey. He is not stable enough to move right now. John's fever has jumped from 102.6 to 103 and is vacilating between 103 and 104. He has some sort of infection and is neutropenic, which means his body can't fight back. He is in a special room at the hospital. It has two doors - in the outer area, Krissy must wash up and gown up so she won't pass any germs to him. Staff, doctors, etc., must also go through the same processes.

GOOD NEWS!! As I have been writing this, John's fever has dropped! Krissy called to let me know. This does not mean that John is out of the woods. Right now, they are giving a general antibiotic. The type of infection has to be identified (1-3 days) and the proper antibiotic given.

Please keep John and Krissy in your prayers until thiscrisis is over. If you don't pray . . . will you make an exception and do this for our friends. Your prayers mean the world to them.

Blessings and thank you.


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm on it... thanks for alerting us to the crisis. bea

Anonymous said...

Dear Father above, I pray for John and Krissy.  For John, please heal his body from this infection and help this fever to fade to normal again.  Please help his body to respond to the medicine the doctor's are giving him.  I also pray for Krissy that you will give her strength and peace during this time.  Give her a spiritual hug of love and care, and let them both know that You do love them!  God's blessings!

Anonymous said...

already praying:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads-up, Penny, high fevers in someone like John is always a cause for concern

Anonymous said...

Penny, thank you so much for this entry.  Prayers have kept John and Krissy going - prayers and love and support.  If Krissy calls me with any news I will pass it on to you.  Love, Val xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ThereisaSeason

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((KRISSY))))))))))))))))I am always praying.

Anonymous said...

Will keep them both in my prayers.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I've already said one, and will continue Penny.  God Bless you for being such a great friend!  Love Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Playing catch up but yes I saw her last entry and am praying for them.

Much Love,
Mary

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny,
I pray that your loved ones will recover to be a witness to God's loving kindness and power.  
   An odd thing that the Health Food Stores of Nutrition cannot legally sell RAW, unprocessed Apricot kernels/ seeds.   Could it be that they are known to CURE cancer-- if they can catch it in time.. ?  Go ask the Health Food Stores just WHY can't they do that simple thing legally??    "Big Pharma" doesn't really want to CURE anything--as that will kill their 'cash cow...'  but they want to TREAT the patient as he dies.  big difference.   I have studied healing herbs for over 40 years, and I know I would be dead if if were not for my self acquired knowledge of HERBS.    
   My wife and I don't want to live forever on earth-- but we just want some comfort, dignity and QUALITY of life, if the Lord still wants to use us in ou8r Autumn years.
And prayers are, of course, VERY important !

Hugs,
Tom and Sharon Schuckman
Wisconsin
tschuckman@aol.com

Anonymous said...

hi Penny! I pray that they will continue to improve and do much better! thank you!
love,natalie