Thursday, November 9, 2006

 

Today has been a wonderful day for us.  The Lord has answered yet another prayer . . . this time even without our asking!  And I know it's not the day I have set up for thankfulness (Saturday), but I must tell and show you a little bit of my gratitude.

          

First, I would like to share pictures of my daughter's children.  I was so happy to get them yesterday that I cried.  So I went to Photobucket, uploaded them and made a slide show for you all to see.  If you click on the link here you can see Heather's children and a preview of her husband-to-be, Jason.

I got an appointment for my glasses today.  My prescription is two years old and there is much change.  Tomorrow with God's blessing, we will pick them up.  I am so happy!  The birds have chewed these glasses up.  They sit on my shoulder, nibble on my ear, then move to something more solid . . . the sheath of plastic covering the ear pieces.  I thought I was safe after we removed all but the tiny bit over the back of the ear.  NOT!!!  Still pulling hair out every time I take them off.  The new glasses are some kind of metal, but have no plastic stuff for them to chew off.  Tomorrow then, I will be able to see you all better.

                        

No school tomorrow.  The schools, banks, post offices, government buildings will all be closed in honor of Veteran's Day.  I know that tomorrow & Saturday I will be honoring the Vietnam Vet that lives in this house as well as the many veterans who have fought so diligently for freedom.  Our freedoms here in the United States are unparalled around the world.  I am so grateful to call this great country my home.  My years in Mexico only served to prove that there's nowhere like home.  The flag will wave proudly at our home until Monday.  No flag like it!  I may have times when I do not agree with the government's way of doing  things, but at least here, I have the Veteran-given right to say how I feel.  Thank God for the U.S.A.

I am blessed to have J-Land as a part of my life.  I wish there were enough hours in the day to read every journal.  Alas Rob, Andrea, Kayla, Lupe, the birds and Sammy need my time.  So here's how it goes for me:  GOD FIRST, FAMILY SECOND (that includes alot of stuff!), FRIENDS THIRD and somewhere near the bottom of this list is my want (never in capital letters)

May the good Lord bless and keep you all,

                   

PS . . . don't forget to be Thankful

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures are delightful... little Isaiah has an angel's face. I love the graphic. Did you make that one yourself?  That's one of my favorite verses. When I feel weary, I remember that verse, and it keeps me going. I love your gratitude and thankfulness. Bea

Anonymous said...

i love the eagle graphic :) have a great friday

Deb

Anonymous said...

Glad you're getting glasses.  Heather and the children are beautiful, BTW.  Love, Krissy :)

http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

what an inspirtaional entry Penny! Happy Veterans Day!
Thank you very much for the beautiful pictures
love,natalie

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nice comments in my journal. I'll be fine... I landed on my head. No brain, no pain. I actually had a doctor speak the sentence "your brain scan showed nothing" to me at one point.

I also admire how you prioritize. I'd put family first myself, as God can take care of Himself. I actually don't do a lot of church myself, although I did promise a pastor in Louisiana that I'd convert to his religion if he mentioned me when he's interviewed on Dateline, NBC (he runs a church that has been the center of Katrina relief efforts in that area).

I just hope he's not a Jew... I love bacon too much.

Again, thanks for your nice comments.... have a good one!


Anonymous said...

You are so right, Penny.  There is much to be thankful for in this wonderful country of ours.  How easy it is to forget that the price of our freedom was costly to many, and we owe them a heaping debt of gratitude, and the obligation to never forget them, or their sacrifices.  Thanks for the reminder.  Tina

Anonymous said...

I couldn't get into anyone's journal yesterday!  Grrrrrr........

Love the pictures!!!!!

Glad to hear about the new glasses!

Kathy