Wednesday, November 22, 2006

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

          

I finally get to say Happy Thanksgiving to you all.  I've been busy scouring J-Land to find your entries about the holiday.  Some are funny, some poignant, others full of gratitude.  I have a bunch of links to share with you and a few Thanksgiving graphic to share as well.  You may have read some of them already, but if you haven't, let's get on with it!

I'm not the only Penny in J-Land - enjoy her entry!                 Our friend Chuck talks about an early Thanksgiving

At Missie's house, the dogs are getting a bath and Missie is takin' a break

Tammy has been catching up all day with her journals, had time to send us a card
Not only that, but guess who's NOT coming to dinner at Tammy's house
Donna and Cliff are having a different sort of Thanksgiving
If you love Dad as much as I do, you will enjoy his entry.
AngelRose is wishing us a Happy Turkey Day
Our dear friend Marlene is spending Thanksgiving with her son
I am sure you have read Journal Editor Jeff's Thanksgiving Story - go again
Cathy has a special message for all of us
I love to read Joyce's treasures - today she tells us why she is thankful
Hop over to read Nightmaremom's entry, it's wonderful.
Mary had me in stitches by the time I finished reading this!

My friend Krissy made a comment in my journal this evening.  I think I will share it with you:  Penny, I left comments in the journals you mentioned above.  They were such beautiful entries.  You don't need to mention me anywhere, but I am thankful for my Lord first - for all the blessings He has given to me in my life, such as salvation, and keeping my beloved John alive this year.  Next I am thankful for my family, my friends, my J-Land friends (and J-Land Sisters ;), oh, and I can't forget my kitty, LOL.  Just everything!  

                   

I am so grateful to have made a home here in J-Land.  I've made wonderful friends here.  I am very close to a few.  Funny thing, across the miles we get to know each other.  In our most alone times, there seems to be someone here to talk to.  I'm glad for that. 

            

I love this graphic!  The little girls are so sweet.  Did you notice that the mouse is praying?  My mom loved mice.  I would have sent this to her.  What am I thankful for right now?  I am so happy to have completed the shopping for tomorrow.  The pies are made, I'll make pumpkin rolls in the morning.  We love them - if you want the recipe, I'll be happy to send it along.  Of course it's my sister's recipe so I will give her the credit.  For the first time since we've owned it, we will be using our china for a special meal.  The china was a gift to us while we were still in Mexico.  It's an old set, came packed in a big angel treasure chest.  Packed around the dishes were lovely old napkins and lacy things for the table.  They went into the wash tonite so I could use them tomorrow. 

            

The water in this graphic makes me feel peace.  Thanks, Missie.  Today as I directed, Andrea and Kayla cleaned the bathroom and kitchen while Lupe emptied the trash and cleaned up outside.  Rob cleaned the living room, picked up after the dog  He got up super early to start his work.  Soon we will be putting up a Christmas tree.  He moved the birds around to make room for it.  Yesterday, he made me a great sewing table.  I did more shopping . . . dirt cheap turkey if you spend $25.  Since we already have a turkey, today's went to the Salvation Army to feed the homeless tomorrow.  I received turkey and fixin's when my kids and I were without food or money.  We are grateful to God for His blessings back then.  I like to think that someday the men, women and children who will get a full Thanksgiving meal tomorrow will also be thankful for the blessing of enough turkeys to feed them all.

The Lord has continually blessed our lives.  His grace has kept us alive long enough to know Him personally and to be able to come back to him after a period away.  How can we really be grateful for anything else?  After we knew His love for us, everything else was taken care of.  Isn't that cool?  We don't have to worry (although we will) ever again.  We may be lonely, but never alone, sad but not forsaken and when the worst comes, He will cradle us in His arms and comfort us.  When it is time, He will call us to His side forever.  For these things, I am truly grateful.

                    

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a Happy Thanksgiving

Deb

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful entry!!  You just made me get tears in my eyes.  You are such a lovely lady, Penny!  I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Beautiful entry, and thanks for posting the links.  Have a beautiful thanksgiving my dear friend.

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your beautiful family!!!!!!
Hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))))))Beatiful entry.I think I comented on some of the journals,but will go and comment on more.Hope you and your family have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the line-up of Thanksgiving entries. Have a happy Thanksgiving yourself :-)

Anonymous said...

It is so nice to read others journals that uplift and are full of good things!

Kara :)

Anonymous said...

Stopping in to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!  Love all the graphics you used!!!

Kathy

Anonymous said...

HOPE YOUR THANKSGIVING WAS A GOOD ONE...LOTS OF FOOD, LOVE AND MEMORIES!
LOVE YA,
CARLENE

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I am so glad I found you journal I leave feeling uplifted and like I just visited a close friend. I am looking forward to getting to know you better.
Barbara

Anonymous said...

Thank you for putting such a lovely treat together for us!!  Hope your day was Happy and Blessed!  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny!

I just love reading your journal, it's like curling up with a good book by a warm fireplace. I usually have to read 3 or 4 entries at a time to catch up.   I get so far behind!

We have all came so far from where we were and who we were,  and yet we are still US! Amazing!

Hope you had a peaceful funloving Thanksgiving Day!

Love and Big Hugs!
Darlene

Anonymous said...

Love your graphics Penny and hope you had a wonderful holiday!!!  God is good to us all!  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

dear Penny, thank you so much for this great entry!It ebings peace and love to my mind
hugs,natalie