Monday, March 13, 2006

I'm really here . . .

          

Hi friends . . .

I have wanted to make an entry, but had a bad fall last Wednesday.  I caught my heel on the edge of a step and did a very UN-gracious dive into a trash can, bouncing back to the ground.  I scraped my knee, bruised my leg and had deep bruising to my left ribs and shoulder.  The doctor took me off work for a few days and I've been in bed since then.  Yesterday was the first day I was able to get out of bed without Rob's help.

Poor Rob!  My "days off" turned into days of caring for me, putting up with the girls and helping Andrea celebrate her 12th birthday.  He has helped me bathe, go potty and even has brought my food to me in bed.  I was up for a while this morning and got exhausted.  I need to go back to work.  We'll see today if I can drive or not.

The Lord has been good to us in spite of my injuries.  The bills are paid and we were able to give Andrea a proper birthday with an ice cream cake, some gifts here and a shopping spree to get some new clothes.  She was thrilled.  They also have today off of school, so they had a friend over night and all the girls slept in the living room watching videos.

Tomorrow will be Andrea's first full day of school.  She has been going to classes just in the afternoon, but since the arrival of the other two girls, we have relented and let her go full time with them, even though all three have different programs.

So this is where it stands:  I'm still hurting a lot and am spending more time in bed than out of it.  Rob is helping me and he wants me to take a ride to the store with him so I can get out.  He's right.  If I don't get started, I freeze to this spot in the bed.  Many thanks to those of you who wrote to me of your concern.  I surely feel loved.

This community of writers is the best around.  We can support each other without ever having met face to face.  Cool deal.

Blessings,

               

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww Penny I'm so sorry to read about your injuries and you're right about online friends - they are wonderful and always there for a laugh or a cry. Support from online friends is seeing me through a very rough patch at the moment. Maybe I can return the favour by sending you lots of hugs. IM me sometime, it's ages since we had a natter.
Sylvia xxx

Anonymous said...

So sorry you are down and out.  But alas, Penny, your spirit shines through it!  Do feel better soon and know that some extra prayers are offered for you!

Bless Rob for being such a good guy!  Happy Birthday to Andrea!

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your accident.  Hopefully you will soon be back to normal.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

You poor thing! Rest and feel better. Thank goodness for Rob!
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind
http://adventuresofaneclecticmind.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I hope so much that you are healing...i am so sorry that you fell and hurt yourself. Rob loves you so much and i am thankful he is there for you!! Love,lisa

Anonymous said...

Dear Penny,
((Penny))) thanks for blogging about your progress! I was worried about you!
Please get some rest ..sending warm thoughts your way
love,natalie

Anonymous said...

do take care of yourself and follow the doctor's orders.

betty

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!  That must have been awful to fall like that!  What a wonderful, caring husband to help you with the "little" things.  Things we do everyday that are usually taken for granted!  I sure hope you are feeling better...take care!  
Happy birthday to Andrea.  My oldest daughter is 12....lots happening at this age!
Michelle  

Anonymous said...

    Ahhh, Penny .... thats a shame.  Well, I am glad to hear that you are being well taken care of.  Rest up and get to feeling better. ( and milk it for all it's worth, because there will be plenty for you to do when you are up and around again ! lol )All the best to you, my friend .... luv, Tina

Anonymous said...

Did you get xrsays? I do hope you get moving good again real soon.
Celeste
http://journals.aol.com/csandhollow/Mydayandthoughts

Anonymous said...

Ouch, I can imagine the pain.  I hope you got yourself checked out by a doctor.  Hope that you feel better really soon and glad that you got lots of help!  Feel better soon.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny,  I`m sorry to hear about your fall.  It does sound very painful for you.  I hope you`re feeling much better now and that you`ll be back to your usual self very soon. :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny!

Good to see you back!  Yes, those grooves in the bed can get real comfy!  They switched trash pickup companies, so our new trash can is so big, there is no way I could fall on it. Maybe fall IN it and disappear!  lol  So glad you didn't break anything!   Happy Birthday to Andrea!  And thank God for our wonderful loving husbands that take care of us when we are down!!!

God Bless You

Darlene

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear youfall ouch. Hop eyour up and around soon. Saw the pics below that is awweomse how you did the girls roomnad love the storage boxes the clear drawers. Your smile below..........two yaers ago I finally had dentures and Im so happy I hated my yellow protruding teeth that had big gaps due to gums receeding badly. feels os good people can say thats a small thing but it is a big thing I always looked at others smiles and wished

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to see this entry just now, Penny. I hope you are OK and that you will bounce back quickly and speedily!

Charley
http://journals.aol.com/CDittric77/Courage

Anonymous said...

Penny--  I'm sorry to hear about your fall!  But, it sure sounds like you have a good man to take care of you!  Hope you get better soon!  :)  Julie