Friday, April 15, 2005

Hodge-Podge

Has it been that long since I posted?  I can't believe it!  It's been a busy week, I guess.  I'm still getting used to being a working person.

On Monday, I had what looked to be a small skin cancer removed from my neck.  It didn't hurt, except for the nummy shots.  They cut a huge area to make sure they got it all and plastered a bulky bandage over that when it was done.  After 48 hours, I got to take off the bandage and take a real bath.  The scar is about five inches long and fits nicely into the fold of my neck - very cosmetic.  Now it itches, so that's a good sign. 

I'm finishing the end of my second week of work and I still like it. I get along good with the manager.  They big shots were concerned because they didn't want the manager to think they were pushing her out of a job.  It's just that she's a widow now and needs help.  Today I'm going in a little later so they can teach me how to close up.

SNORING!  Now you all know I love Rob with all my heart.  He's my prince charming. And his snoring doesn't bother me once I'm asleep, but it's that getting to sleep that is the problem.  The man is like a freight train!  Last night he fell asleep really early and snored so loud I could barely hear the tv show I was watching.  Every once in a while, he would wake up and ask me to turn down the TV!!! He's got some nerve.  I thought I had solved the problem with a little machine that amplifies the sound of the television, but it also amplifies his snoring.  AAAARRRGGGHH!  Other than that, our life is idyllic.

Lest you think I'm complaining about my life, let me tell you that I'm just where God wants me to be and I'm happy.  So many times in my life I've felt desperation, loneliness and fear.  It's been a long time since I've felt that way.  I have a great husband, am raising yet another beautiful daughter and home is where the heart is.  This is one of the greatest blessings a person can have.  Money and things are nice, but love and family are everything.

Well today is Tax day - I hope you all have your taxes finished and sent off.  It's becoming more and more difficult to do this.  It used to be that all of your income and deductions could fit on one page.  Now all you see on commercials are tax programs for the computer and tax companies competing for your business. One company is offering a drawing for $10,000 dollars.  Is that money tax-free?


 

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I`m so glad that we in the UK pay tax as we earn it, monthly or weekly, deducted from our wages by our employers.  It certainly is one less problem to deal with. Snoring can be a real pain sometimes,  but there is no escaping it!  Have a great weekend Penny :-)   Sandra xxx

Anonymous said...

I`m really glad your surgery went well!  :-)  Sandra xxx

Anonymous said...

Penny, i am so glad you are happy and things are going well. I am glad the skin cancer thing is over with. Are you constantly itching your neck? And the snoring? Since i work nights i get to sleep in bed with Rick only 8 nights a month so i actually look forward to hearing him snore because then at least i know hes in the  bed and i am not alone. lol.   Crazy.   Have a great weekend!!!
Love, lisa

Anonymous said...

Yahoooooo!!!  Finally able to read your journal.  Glad you like your job.  I'm goin' back myself Monday, <sigh>.  Alot of people who snore have sleep apnea...has your hubby ever been checked for this!  There are treatments available.  If not, just buy some cheap ear plugs...lol

Hugs, Trina

Anonymous said...

Wow!  They sure did take a big chunk out of your neck!  Glad everything is going ok. -Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink