Saturday, May 12, 2007

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

                                                                    
 
Everywhere I look there are moms.  Some young, some as old or older or very much older than I.   I love to see the mommy-to-be as she walks or shops or worships.  She has a glow about her that is palpable.  I am always tempted to place my hands on her belly and feel the warmth and movement that the Lord has placed inside.  She has such a peaceful look on her face.  She'll weather all the storms as those of my generation and generations through the ages have done (well, almost).
 
I've had a hard time with Mother's Day since my own mother died some 10 years ago.  In Mexico where I lived, Mother's Day started  on May 10th and often lasted until all the moms had hit all the schools for the festivities.  I loved that the kids from the ministry made things for me and often a 2nd thing for their own moms.  I missed my mom.
 
So as we approach Mother's Day tomorrow, I want my mother's love to be a tribute to all the other moms.  My  mom's love for the Lord was powerful enough that her prayers stayed with the Lord - after her death - until all of us were returned to the Lord.  It means that when we mothers pray, that fragrance stays with the Lord forever. To all of you wonderful ladies who are raising your children now and who are great-grandma's and all in between, Happy Mothers Day.    You gals are the best!!!!   And now for the rest . . .
 
Let them spoil you tomorrow!!!
Be Pampered!!
You deserve it!!
Happy Mother's Day
with love from
Rob, Penny & Andrea

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mothers Day:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Have a very good Mother's Day.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Happy Mothers Day Penny, I hope it's a good one for you and you get spoiled! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels/  

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))))))This is a sweet entry,I hope you have a Happy Mothers Day also.I am not a mother,but,I am an aunt.

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day!!!
Love you,
Krissy  http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY thanks for this beautiful post. Jackie  gg great grandmother

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Tribute to a wonderful day! Wishing you love and peace this Mother's Day!
(Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Happy Mothers' Day to you, too, Penny! A beautiful entry, this. Bea

Anonymous said...

Dear Penny, hugs
Belatedly happy Mothers'Day! I was out of pocket .
Youare ana wesome mother and a great friend here.
love,nat

Anonymous said...

I was going to wish you a nice Memorial Day holiday but it looks like you are still stuck on Mother's Day.  LOL  Anyway, take care and enjoy your day.

Phil