Friday, April 25, 2008

From the Mountain Top

Hello all,

I just lost the text of my whole entry because I forgot to minimize before going to Photobucket.  So this will be shorter than the original.  That should make some of you happy.

I took my AT&T wi-fi card back to them because I couldn't stay on long even enough to answer an e-mail.  So for the next while I will be posting and answering e-mails from my daughter's house once or twice a week.

I have not adjusted well to the mountains.  It's too cold even now for me.  The summer will yield us temperatures of up to and over 110 degrees.  I can't handle that either.  I'm guessing that I will be back home in Ventura by the end of June.

Below I am posting a couple of pictures of a town called Ingot, population 30.  It's at about 1200' altitude.  I really don't believe the population is that large ;)

               Close-up of the building above.   Below is a close-up of the red rock. This same creek runs behind my daughter's house.  It's deeper up by her and much wider.

I have missed you all so terribly I was used to daily online and after 2 months here, I feel deprived.  I think of you often.  Many blessings and love,

 

  

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's great to hear from you! I'm glad you're doing well. That heat would do me in, that's for sure!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny! You know, I haven't been writing regularly either, so I was unaware that you had moved... sounds like it's too cold for you up there... I hope you can make the adjustment, and if not, like you said, you will be back home in a couple of months. I've always thought I could live in the NC mountains, because they are so beautiful, but the truth is, I have never been in the mountains in the winter time. I would probably have a different feeling about living there if I'd ever lived through the winter in the mountains. I hope you are all well... bea

Anonymous said...

It was good to hear from you. I am sorry you are not adjusting to the mts. It can sure make a difference. I know I couldn't take the heat, not to sure how cold your talking about but I don't like it could either. I want it perfect, that isn't to much to ask is it?
Barbara

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny, I keep looking for you on the IM and we never seem to be able to hook up.  I am sorry I haven't been able to call, John has had high fevers for over a week of over 102 degrees.  But don't worry, he is under good care.  Just telling you why I haven't called.  I have been so busy taking care of him and the house.  And with my rotator cuff injury, LOL.  My arm is also partially frozen and the therapist is trying to stretch it out so it can be used again, which probably won't work, hence, I will probably need surgery.  Sigh.  And I am having problems with narcolepsy.  Ugh.  I will try to call you when I can.  Love,

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

that weather sounds like Montana's; it does take a bit to get used to it and I never really did the 8 years we lived there

Ventura is so "even keeled" I can see why that would be a good match for you

betty

Anonymous said...

Kind of pretty!  I love trees!  Sorry the temps are not cooperating.  I woke up freezing this morning.  Someone had pushed our a/c down to 62! Brrrrr!

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny, I was just thinking about you yesterday and wondering if all was well.  That is some beautiful country in the mountains but I think it sounds like a nice place to visit only.  Being cut off from the internet world is a hard thing to deal with also.  It's always nice to know that we always have friends around 24/7 in JLand.  LOL..I've actually lost entries the same way you did by going into Photobucket.  Keeping you in my prayers....hug n love, Chris

Anonymous said...

Those are cool pictures.  Moving is so stressful, isn't it?  I am so, so, so sorry.  Thanks for showing us the pictures.  They are really cool.  I HATE it when I lose an entry.  I always put mine in a document first.  So, I am sending a zillion hugs and much love, honey.  Love, Val xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ThereisaSeason

Anonymous said...

Hope your internet connection is improved now, Penny. 110F OMG

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Penny!!  I hope you get things sorted out soon~  It does look pretty and interesting where you are though, at least you had another experience to go along with all your adventures you've had!  God Bless you and talk again soon!  Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Blessings and love your way too.  Hope you are back in Sunny Ventura before you know it.  If that's where you want to be. :)