Sunday, August 26, 2007

Rants, Needs and Thanks

                   

This is a mild rant.  Just some short things that bug me:

   Bathroom sign meaning it has handicapped facilities.  Why then is the handicap stall way at the end?  If I am pushing my walker it's a long way.

 Some days I am able to walk and when I can, I do.  Guy with a cane starts bi***ing at me telling me I should have saved that space for people who were really handicapped.  What?

AOL Well, you probably know.   It didn't let me put graphics last night.  So I wrote an entry anyway.  AOL sent it into the hinterlands.  I got angry and went to bed.

That's it for today.  If I have to think more than 15 seconds, there are no more rants.

          

I do need help with something . . . to save my computer, it had to be reformatted.  Brought it back to the original . . . as it was when we took it out of the box.  I could not find discs to pull off my graphics so . . . can you help?  I need graphics!  Do you know how hard it is for me to journal without graphics?  UGH!  Can you send some?  I would appreciate it.  I'm heading over to Sugar's  to snag some.  I even lost my precious taggies.  OK ~ enough.

Our huge family crisis has been downsized to from hurricane 5 to a stong tropical storm!  We feel like we can breathe now.  Still there, but God is on our side.  We still need prayer, however.  I want to thank those who have commented or sent an e-mail to let me know they will pray.

This is going to be a wonderful day!  Yesterday I adopted a kitty.  She's about 1 1/2 yrs old, tortise shell color and seems to ignore the birds.  I love her.  Pictures later. 

Guys you can't possibly know how much I appreciate and love you all.  I pray your needs and some of your wants are met.  Blessings,

            

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad things are settling a little at your house. Sorry you lost the graphics. Maybe you could start keeping them on Photobucket or another website to store them? What kind of graphics do you want?
Pam

Anonymous said...

Penny I'll rant right along with you if that will help, other than that I am not able to help, I don't even know how to snag let alone know where to snag LOL  Hope things brighten up for you, and of course I do know how to pray and I will. gg/Jackie

Anonymous said...

keeping all in prayer:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

I am glad things are settling down and will continue to pray for your family.
I work for a quad he has the opinion that unless you are in a wheel chair you shouldn't use handicapped parking. Drives me nuts he can't understand that others still need it, like my husband and you.  I never did understand why handicapped stalls are at the end of the room.
Best wishes for a wonderful week.
Barbara

Anonymous said...

When my husband Danny was alive, he refused to use his walker or his cane sometimes..but needed to park in the handicap space because he could not walk any distance without giving out, both with his legs and also his heart...You are right..people think because you are not in a wheel chair there is nothing wrong with you...They fail to realize that some disabilities are on the inside.
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

I'll send some snags over.... not sure what you like, but I'll see what I have...  Looking for anything special??

Joann

Anonymous said...

I get all of my graphics from photobucket.com.
Kelli
http://journals.aol.com/kamdghwmw/noonmom

Anonymous said...

It is so good to hear that things are calming down for you.  God is good!

Anonymous said...

So sorry you lost your graphics.  What a major bummer.  BTW, I have also got the "you could have left that space for a handicapped person", even though I have a handicapped card and placard.  I have fibro, and often people can't see my pain, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  How dare somebody say something to me!  If I have a placard then I am allowed to use it!

Krissy  :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Praising God for his provision!!  -  Barbara

Anonymous said...

Hi Penny- you all are always in my prayers.  I do miss you! But I'm glad you're doing OK.  God Bless you~  Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Feelin better now lol?  Nice rant, agree w/that AOL just grabbing things, poof they're gone.  Hope your reformatting works, and congrats on your new kitty.  I know what u mean about the handicapped signs,  I can't drive so my ride just drops me at the door & parks.  So many have different definitions for "disabled" it's just nuts.  I think a walker qualifies lol!!  God bless, Penny.  xoxo  CATHY
http://journals.aol.com/luddie343/DARETOTHINK/